Georgia’s Rome is a pooch-friendly town where we welcome the entire family to visit – including Fido! Here are fun ways to romp around Rome:
Take Fido Outdoors
- Heritage Riverways Trail System located within the City of Rome offers 13.5 miles of paved multi-use paths featuring scenic river views.
- Rome’s Jackson Hill, just blocks from historic downtown Rome, offers an abundance of marked undulating unpaved trails for all skill levels.
- See Rome’s iconic Clocktower and Capitoline Wolf
Romp with Fido Through the World’s Largest Campus at Berry College
- Explore more than 40 miles of trails.
- View wildlife which roams freely throughout the campus.
- See the second largest working overshot waterwheel in the world.
- Hike to the House of Dreams.
- Outdoor information:
Dining Alfresco with Fido
- Explore in the state where all outdoor dining options are pet-friendly.
- Businesses that are pet-friendly display a “Paws Permitted” sticker on their door, and many locations place water bowls out front to ensure Fido is hydrated and refreshed.
- Pet-friendly business list(at the bottom of this page)
Em-bark on a Historical Tour of Myrtle Hill Cemetery
- Founded in 1857, this six-terraced cemetery has become the burial site for over 20,000 Romans.
- Download the free Myrtle Hill Cemetery app for your own guided tour.
- Download a tree tour map or pick on up from the Rome-Floyd Visitor center to identify 35 species of trees, many not native to Northwest Georgia.
Doggy-Paddle Board Rome’s Rivers
- River Dog Paddle Co. offers dog-friendly paddle board rentals and tours
In case of emergencies, your furry friend will be in good hands at the Northwest Georgia Veterinary Emergency Center
- Conveniently located behind Redmond Hospital at 111 John Maddox Drive, Rome, Georgia 30165, 706-204-8425
- Once open, hours will be Wednesday – Friday: 5pm – 8am and Saturday 12pm – Monday 8am
- Culbreth Carr Watson Animal Clinic will also handle after-hours emergency calls Monday and Tuesday nights, 706-234-9243
Local Dog Sitters
- Daily visits or overnight stays, , Dana Thompson, 706-767-3045, email@example.com
Please be a responsible owner and always clean up after your pet!
Businesses in Georgia’s Rome
* (Outside Only)
|AMR Waste Systems||4 E 3rd St, Rome, 30161||706.295.3787|
|Ayers Realty||807 Shorter Ave, Rome, 30165||706.232.1112|
|The Back Yard Pet Boutique||1201 Dean Ave, Rome, 30161||706.232.9500|
|Bella Roma*||770 Braves Blvd.||706.291.4050|
|Best Western Executive Inn||217 Hwy U.S. 411.||706.234.3161|
|Bojangles*||1507 Turner McCall Blvd SE, Rome 30161||706.235.2442|
|Brewhouse*||325 Broad St.||706.204.8474|
|Blue Sky Outfitter||109 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.204.7063|
|The Car Store||1321 Martha Berry Hwy, Rome, 30165||706.291.1002|
|Canoe House||608 Broad Street, Rome, 30161,||706.237.7720|
|Chick-fil-A Dwarf House*||264 Shorter Ave.||706.232.9233|
|Chicken Salad Chick*||800 Martha Berry Blvd NE||706.675.2875|
|City Creamery*||225 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.314.9843|
|Coastal Gas Station||608 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.291.8481|
|Coosa River Basin Initiative||408 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.232.2724|
|Courtesy Ford Lincoln||101 Hwy 411 E, Rome, 30161||706.235.4453|
|Courtyard Marriott Rome Riverwalk||320 W 3rd St, Rome, 30161||706.295.7006|
|Do Good Boutique||206 E. 2nd St., Rome, 30161||706.237.7771|
|Dogwood Books||240 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.235.2660|
|Don Neo*||330 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.853.0734|
|Danna Pet Sits||DannaPetSits.com||706.767.3045|
|Dr. Vincent J. Mendes*||201 E 3rd Ave, Rome, 30161||706.314.9957|
|Elysium||226-B Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.235.1144|
|Fast Printing||1409 N. Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.234.5809|
|Frios||202 Broad St, Rome, 30161||864.923.5045|
|Full Circle Wellness||326 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.784.5232|
|The Garage||1321 Martha Berry Hwy, Rome, 30165||706.291.2818|
|Garrett’s Salvage||3005 Alabama Hwy, Rome, 30165||706.291.1791|
|Georgia Dog Gym||35 Fred Kelley Rd NE, Rome, 30161||706.378.2275|
|Georgia’s Rome Welcome青鹏棋牌 Centers & Gift Shop – Jackson Hill||402 Civic Center Dr, Rome, 30161||706.295.5576|
|Georgia’s Rome Welcome青鹏棋牌 Centers & Gift Shop – Downtown Rome||300 W. 1st St, Rome, 30161||706.295.5576|
|Gordon Behavioral Sciences PC||1013 N 5th Ave Building, 4, Rome, 30165||678.231.7789|
|Greene’s Jewelers||328 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.291.7236|
|Hardy Realty||Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.291.4321|
|The Herb Shoppe||103 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.232.4447|
|Harvest Moon*||606 Broad St. Rome, 30161||706.235.1662|
|Heritage Buick-GMC||965 Vets. Mem. Hwy, Rome, 30161||706.291.8820|
|Heritage Honda||965 Vets. Mem. Hwy, Rome, 30161||800.942.3602|
|Heritage Nissan||1500 Vets. Mem. Hwy, Rome, 30161||706.291.1981|
|Honeymoon Bakery||228 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.232.0611|
|J & J Candles||204 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.232.8386|
|Jeffersons*||340 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.378.0222|
|Johnny’s Pizza*||233 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.232.6555|
|Joy Nail||128 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.378.2229|
|KaleidoSno*||414 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.291.7275|
|La Quinta Inn & Suites||15 Chateau Dr, Rome, 30161||706.291.1034|
|Lakeview Animal Clinic||3299 Alabama Hwy, Rome, 30165||706.232.0168|
|Lavender Mountain Hardware||4065 Martha Berry Hwy, Rome, 30165||706.295.0299|
|Level-Up Arcade||216 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.936.9360|
|Lieberman Family Chiropractic||421 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.232.9355|
|Living & Giving||401 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.235.5530|
|Lynn’s Uniforms||244 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.291.7266|
|Maximum Nutrition||122 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.936.284|
|Mellow Mushroom||238 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.234.9000|
|Mount Berry Animal Hospital||2965 Martha Berry Hwy, Rome, 30165||706.232.0364|
|Native Escapes||318 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.784.5232|
|North Broad Animal Clinic||1818 N. Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.295.2344|
|NW GA Psychological Assoc.||2501 Callier Springs Rd, Rome, 30161||706.295.2498|
|Paradise Lost Books||407 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.204.9233|
|Petland||1600 Turner McCall Blvd, Rome, 30161||706.234.9956|
|PetSense||2511 Redmond Cir, Rome, 30165||706.232.4820|
|Pullen’s Ordinary Bicycles||105 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.234.2453|
|Quick Lane||101 Hwy 411 E, Rome, 30161||706.378.5077|
|40 Grace Drive||706.291.7797|
|Red Roof Inn (Pets stay for free)||217 Hwy US 411||706.234.3161|
|Ratliff Service Center||610 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.291.8481|
|Riverdog Outpost||1 Broad St. Rome, GA 30161||706.512.5107|
|Riverdog Paddle Co.||1 Broad St. Rome, GA 30161||706.512.5107|
|Riverside Chevrolet-Cadillac||100 Hwy 411 E, Rome, 30161||706.295.9090|
|Riverside Toyota||131 Grace Dr, Rome, 30161||706.291.2886|
|Riverside Gourmet||250 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.291.1023|
|Roma Mia*||3401 Martha Berry Hwy||706.291.1881|
|Rome Cleaners||116 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.291.4498|
|Rome Cleaners||1200 Dean Ave, Rome, 30161||706.232.3893|
|Rome-Floyd Humane Society||518 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.936.9485|
|21 Chateau Dr||706.232.9551|
|Rome Little Theatre||530 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.295.7171|
|Rome ReSale||252 N. 5th Ave, Rome, 30165||706.290.2227|
|Schroeder’s||406 Broad St. Rome 30161||706.234.4613|
|ServiceMaster by Twins||1 Hillindale Dr, Rome, 30161||706.232.0255|
|Skatelife Boarding 青鹏棋牌||307 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.236.9595|
|Stella Blu Cosmetic Boutique||200 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.234.7900|
|Stone Haven||516 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.528.4196|
|Studio 6 Skytop||20 Chateau Dr, Rome, 30161||706.291.2447|
|Sudsy Puppy Pet Salon||1201 Dean Ave, Rome, 30161||678.986.4083|
|Summit Mist||522 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.622.2433|
|SweetFrog Frozen Yogurt*||477 Turner McCall Blvd, Rome, 30165||706.413.2477|
|Swerve||108 Broad St, Rome, 30165||706.346.5429|
|Whistle Britches||206 Broad St, Rome, 30161||706.936.3534|
|Walker Mountain Landfill||431 Walker Mountain Rd, Rome, 30161||706.291.4512|
|West End Florist||2555 Shorter Ave, Rome, 30165526||706.235.1139|
|Yummy Thai*||Broad St. Rome, GA 30161||706.291.959|
Businesses in bold are Paws Permitted hotel/lodging partners.*Allowed outside, only.
The above businesses welcome creatures big and small with an official Paws Permitted dog bowl and decal. Unless otherwise noted, dogs are welcome inside these businesses as well.
My business welcomes furry friends! How do I participate?
To participate, contact 706.295.5576 or media@. All participating partners receive a Paws Permitted decal for their store front and a blue imprinted dog bowl so that our canines can take a “paws” at your door and refresh themselves. Even if you don’t allow animals inside but have accommodating outdoor space (i.e. sidewalk patio), you can still be a part of the program! Also included is your listing below with other dog-friendly businesses. It’s free to participate!
Additional dog-friendly resources:
Remember to be a responsible pet-owner!
Helpful tips from “The Good Dog’s Guide to Patio Etiquette” (via )
1. Know thyself. Not every dog is a good candidate for parking out on a patio with lots going on — plenty of people, pups, smells, and sights to take in. Will this be an enjoyable or anxious experience for the pooch? And how about the other customers?
2. Do your research. Figure out if your patio of choice is a good option for your dog. How high-energy is the atmosphere? What’s the patio size and setup? How’s the spacing between tables? Is there any shady refuge?
3. Check the forecast. Shade can provide some respite from the heat, but if it’s a real scorcher, your pooch needs to be chillin‘ in the A/C rather than toughing it out with you.
4. Take a stroll. A worn-out pup is a great patio pup! Ensure you’ve given your dog plenty of opportunities to get out energy and take care of business before setting up camp. If your dog gets the urge to go mid-meal, attend to his needs (and be sure to clean up immediately after any accidents).
5. BYOB(bowl). Not all pet-friendly businesses are all-inclusive. Play it safe and bring your own water bowl to ensure the pup has an ample supply of fresh H2O.
6. Stake your claim. Don’t be afraid to ask for something on behalf of your pooch: a corner table, a water bowl, etc.
7. Keep ’em on a short leash. No really — no retractables. Be respectful of your fellow diners; don’t assume they are comfortable with a visit from your pup.
8. Mind your (dog’s) manners. Public spaces like patios require you and your pooch to be on your best behavior. Take the time to work on obedience before heading out to your favorite eatery (and consult a trainer if needed). Paws on the table, whiny begging, excessive barking, and the like are major no-nos.
9. Have an exit strategy. Sometimes an evening out just doesn’t go as planned. If your pup is making it clear it’s time to go, ask for a doggie bag (natch) and hit the road.
10. Give thanks. Let your server know you appreciate their dog-friendliness and that they can expect your return business (only if it’s true, of course!).
“The Good Dog’s Guide to Patio Etiquette” appears courtesy of . The original article can be found by clicking .